Free Tax Prep For Seniors
Beginning February 5, an AARP Tax-Aide Coordinator and IRS trained tax counselors will start preparing taxes for those individuals who need assistance with income taxes. AARP’s Tax-Aide is a free annual program, brought to you by your local AARP chapter and the Council for Older Adults. The program makes tax assistance available to older adults in Delaware County. Local AARP volunteers have successfully completed a rigorous training program, which is offered in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service. All volunteer counselors have been specifically trained to prepare returns for older adults. There are four locations this year:
- Center for Older Adults, 800 Cheshire Road, Delaware, on Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Thursdays 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Make an appointment for this location by calling 740-363-6677.
- Westerville Senior Center, 310 W. Main St., Westerville. Days and times to be determined. For information, call 614-901-6560.
- Dublin Community Center, 5600 Post Road, Dublin. Days and times to be determined. For information, call 614-410-4550.
- Andrews House, 39 W. Winter St., Delaware, on Mondays 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Make an appointment for this location by calling 740-369-4520.
Please do not schedule your appointment until you have received all of your paperwork. On the day of your appointment you MUST bring:
- Social Security card/1099 SA & photo ID
- 2013 tax return
- Billing statements for new windows, doors, insulation, etc. purchased in 2013
- Any other tax-related materials such as itemized deductions, etc.
This service is by appointment only and appointments can be scheduled beginning on January 29.
In the event of inclement weather, please contact your location to verify that appointment.